RMS Authorised Vehicle Registration Inspection Station Moorebank, Chipping Norton & Liverpool Area
An authorised safety check station
Safety checks are a basic mechanical inspection, targeting vehicle components that may cause a risk to vehicle occupants and other road users if they are not operating correctly or are excessively worn.
After your vehicle has passed a safety check, the authorised safety check station sends a report to Roads and Maritime Services electronically.
General safety check information
Your guide to:
What is a safety check?
Who performs a safety check?
- Which vehicles need to be checked and when?
Safety checks for light vehicles
Light vehicles include:
- Cars and light commercial vehicles up to 5 tonnes tare except vehicles fitted with power-operated brakes.
- Motorcycles including a motorcycle with side-car.
- Buses up to 2.5 tonnes tare.
Safety checks for heavy vehicles
Heavy vehicles include:
- Heavy vehicles over 4.5 tonnes gross vehicle mass (GVM).
- Buses 2.5 tonnes tare weight and over.
- Licensed tow trucks.
- Vehicles fitted with power-operated brakes.
- Prime movers.
Other safety checks
- Safety checks for defect notices.
- Safety checks for trailers.
- Safety checks for LPG and CNG fuelled vehicles
Car & Light Truck Rego Inspections , E-Safety Check, Pink Slip, Logbook Servicing, Safety Checks, Car & Truck Brake Checks & LPG Rego Checks
Moorebank Mechanic Near Chipping Norton